Power of Now shows that every minute spent worrying about the future or mourning the past is a waste of time, as you should be living in the moment, right now, and it provides you with effective strategies to start feeling every minute as it happens.
Is being present the key to happiness?
According to Eckhart Tolle, waking up and living in the modern world may be exactly what we want. This booklet will inspire you to make positive changes in your life by giving you valuable information and inspiring suggestions.
- “Realize deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the NOW the primary focus of your life.”
- “Time isn’t precious at all, because it is an illusion. What you perceive as precious is not time but the one point that is out of time: the Now. That is precious indeed. The more you are focused on time—past and future—the more you miss the Now, the most precious thing there is.”
- “I have lived with several Zen masters — all of them cats.”
- “Any action is often better than no action, especially if you have been stuck in an unhappy situation for a long time. If it is a mistake, at least you learn something, in which case it’s no longer a mistake. If you remain stuck, you learn nothing.”
- “It is not uncommon for people to spend their whole life waiting to start living.”
- “If you get the inside right, the outside will fall into place. Primary reality is within; secondary reality without.”
- “…the past gives you an identity and the future holds the promise of salvation, of fulfillment in whatever form. Both are illusions.”
- “See if you can catch yourself complaining, in either speech or thought, about a situation you find yourself in, what other people do or say, your surroundings, your life situation, even the weather. To complain is always nonacceptance of what is. It invariably carries an unconscious negative charge. When you complain, you make yourself into a victim. When you speak out, you are in your power. So change the situation by taking action or by speaking out if necessary or possible; leave the situation or accept it. All else is madness.”
- “As soon as you honor the present moment, all unhappiness and struggle dissolve, and life begins to flow with joy and ease. When you act out the present-moment awareness, whatever you do becomes imbued with a sense of quality, care, and love – even the most simple action.”
- “If your mind carries a heavy burden of past, you will experience more of the same. The past perpetuates itself through a lack of presence. The quality of your consciousness at this moment is what shapes the future.”
- “Don’t look for peace. Don’t look for any other state than the one you are in now; otherwise, you will set up inner conflict and unconscious resistance. Forgive yourself for not being at peace. The moment you completely accept your non-peace, your non-peace becomes transmuted into peace. Anything you accept fully will get you there and will take you into peace. This is the miracle of surrender”
- “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.”
- “Nothing has happened in the past; it happened in the Now. Nothing will ever happen in the future; it will happen in the Now.”
- “Where there is anger there is always pain underneath.”
- “Your outer journey may contain a million steps; your inner journey only has one: the step you are taking right now.”
- “Once you have identified with some form of negativity, you do not want to let it go, and on a deeply unconscious level, you do not want positive change. It would threaten your identity as a depressed, angry, or hard-done by person. You will then ignore, deny or sabotage the positive in your life. This is a common phenomenon. It is also insane.”
- “Reading is my passion and my escape since I was 5 years old. Overall, children don’t realize the magic that can live inside their own heads. Better even than any movie.”
- “Die to the past every moment. You don’t need it. Only refer to it when it is absolutely relevant to the present. Feel the power of this moment and the fullness of Being. Feel your presence.”
- “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
- “Being an outsider to some extent, someone who does not “fit in” with others or is rejected by them for whatever reason, makes life difficult, but it also places you at an advantage as far as enlightenment is concerned. It takes you out of unconsciousness almost by force.”