The Dalai Lama once said “the purpose of our lives is to be happy.” For many people, this can be the real benefit of coaching. Of course, the meaning of happiness is unique and different for each and every one of us. But in today’s times, more and more people are turning to a Life Coach to help them embrace much more happiness in life.
As talked about in a previous article, a life coach is a trained professional who works with a person for their holistic development to help them arrive at their full potential across all aspects of life.
Like an elite athlete has a mentor to work on the specialized parts of their game, ordinary people should also adopt an organized strategy for self-awareness and improvement.
A certified life coach assumes this part.
To answer the question in the title, yes, life coaching works.
However, it doesn’t imply that it’s a magic pill or a shortcut to success.
A coach is there to direct you and make accomplishing your goals simpler. That said, you are the one who has to put in the actual work.
This article proposes some reasons why coaching makes a difference.
- You get explicit tools and techniques for achieving your objectives. You don’t have to invest energy in discovering them yourself and experimentation.
- You get an external viewpoint on any setbacks you might encounter on your journey. This is significant because we humans tend to, in general, get stuck a specific model of the world, even if it probably won’t serve them any longer.
- A life coach can be a good example to emulate. Just by being around a positive and helpful coach, your inspiration will get a lift.
- You get results with the responsibility guideline. Your coach considers you responsible for dealing with your objectives.
- You feel appreciated. Discussing your objectives or sharing any difficulties you encounter on the way to a coach can be supremely helpful.
- You can avoid exorbitant missteps by talking about your plans with your coach.
- You know your own strengths. Your coach will assist you with distinguishing them and spotlight them instead of focusing on your shortcomings.
There can be several more benefits to working with a life coach. You can read more about them here.
Almost every life coach offers a free clarity call. A clarity call is helpful so you can assess if that coach is beneficial for you. To know more about how to make the most of your free clarity call with your coach before you hire them, click here.