Dr. Giselle Petzinger is a board-certified neurologist who specializes in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease patients.
Her days are divided between patient care and laboratory research. Dr. Petzinger’s major research goal is to better understand how to enhance brain healing after damage and to convert these results into innovative therapeutic therapies.
Dr. Petzinger has participated in a number of government-supported research initiatives. She is now the main investigator on a US Army Research Grant titled Behavioral and Pharmacological Enhancement of Neuroplasticity in MPTP-Lesioned Mouse and Non-Human Primate Basal Ganglia.
She diagnoses and treats disorders of the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves, muscles, and the involuntary nervous system, which governs the heart, lungs, and other organs.
Dr. Petzinger has been in practice for over 34 years and, according to our data, is well ranked in 20 conditions. Her primary areas of interest are Parkinson’s disease, secondary Parkinsonism, Marinesco Sjogren Syndrome, and Spinocerebellar Ataxia Type 28.
Inspiring Talks by Dr. Giselle Petzinger
- “There is a huge therapeutic potential of EXERCISE in Parkinson’s disease. Environmental causes, Genetics of PD… more! Even omega-3 gets a mention!”
- “An important reason for this booth is to educate the public that science is more than climate change. It is also about the science of the body/brain and how investing in your own health through lifestyle absolutely matters.”
- “It is not us and them, IT IS JUST US. We were given this planet to figure this whole human thing out. This is our privilege, our blessing. DOn’t throw it away. One Planet, One People.”
- “Ralph Waldo Emerson rightly said not gold but only men/women make a people great and strong. Men/women who for truth and honor suffer long and stand fast.”
- “Offering Health Care for women is always important. The Republicans want you to believe it is All about Abortion. IT is not, It is about Women’s Health. Many of these services are the only services available to young women who have no other place to turn for Health care, and that includes learning about taking care of their bodies. “
- “We are women, hear us roar. Not going back, ever.”
- “Science enters a new political era of doubt and distrust. An important goal should be to educate, create dialogue and help re-establish the value and role of science in society.”
- “50 million children have been forced from their homes by war and poverty. Though called by many names — “refugees,” “migrants,” “displaced” — they are children first.”
- “Wellness is as much about the environment and culture as it is about the individual. One does not exist without the other. Hence Balance is important. “
- “Play a game created by Marientina called The Brain Architecture game that helps drive the point, that we are made up of more than just genetic material and that our environmental experiences also matter.”