Paul Grewal, MD is a board-certified internal medicine physician and co-author of Genius Foods: Become Smarter, Happier, and More Productive While Protecting Your Brain for Life, a New York Times Best Seller. He is a well-known specialist in preventative medicine, with an emphasis on reversing conditions such as type 2 diabetes, assisting patients in reaching their weight reduction objectives, and hormone health.
He also speaks on data-driven diet and lifestyle practices for metabolic health and longevity. He is drawn to helping people discover a sustainable road to well-being since he has dropped and kept off nearly 100 pounds himself.
Dr. Paul Grewal is a board-certified Internal Medicine physician who practices in New York’s Upper East Side. At MyMD Medical Group, Dr. Paul Grewal offers a wide range of services to patients, including holistic and integrative health, preventative care, and immunizations.
Dr. Paul Grewal graduated from Johns Hopkins University with a Bachelor of Arts in Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience. He went on to study medicine at Rutgers, New Jersey Medical School after graduation. His residency was done at North Shore-Long Island Jewish Hospital.
Read more about the Author here.
Inspiring Talks by Dr. Paul Grewal
- “I basically have gone through the first half of my life just as what we would describe as a fat person. And that has big effects on self-perception, it has big effects on how others perceive you, and there’s a peculiarly American sort of ethos around it being one of the few things that we’re still allowed to be discriminating or discriminatory against.”
- “8 years too late and confuses a tortuous argument of innocuous, organic evolution for the painfully simple real culprit: money. Glad I got out when I did and didn’t waste the formative years of my medical career as a data entry clerk for the insurance cos”
- “Rethink raising kids in the city? Polluted air results losing intelligence equivalent to a year’s worth of education.”
- “If I have one more patient ask me about this “Harvard researcher says Coconut Oil is Poison in the viral video”, I’m going to blow a gasket. “
- “oxidized lipids = no Bueno.”
- “I’d happily go out of business if everyone quit smoking and started moving.”
- “There are ethical ways to eat meat– we are all on the same side when it comes to stewarding the planet.”
- “I consider this a serious health issue – we need to be mindful of our own “compulsion loops”.”
- “When it comes to exercise, intensity matters! Improve your insulin sensitivity independent of your sugar intake.”
- “A high protein diet (3.4 g/kg/d) combined with a heavy resistance training program improves body composition.”