Dr. Darya Rose is the developer of SummerTomato.com, which was named one of TIME’s 50 Best Websites of 2011, as well as the author of Foodist, which teaches you how to lose weight without dieting. She holds a Ph.D. in neuroscience from UC San Francisco as well as a Bachelor’s degree in Molecular/Cell Biology from Berkeley.
Her work was recognized with the IL Chaikoff prize from the MCB department at Berkeley. She currently resides in San Francisco, California.
Darya Rose exposes you to real individuals on their road to becoming foodists, learning how to get healthy and lose weight without dieting in the Foodist podcast. A foodist is someone who uses Real Food to live a healthier and happier existence. There is no right or wrong way to become a foodie; instead, each person must develop their own route or health style that works for them. This entails discovering meals, routines, and activities that you enjoy and that work for you. On the show, you’ll meet people in all phases of their lives. Whether they are just starting out and wondering if this is really a smart idea, need assistance breaking through a weight loss plateau, or have successfully lost 30 pounds and are in the process of losing another 30 pounds
Read more about Dr. Darya Rose here.
Inspiring Talks by Dr. Darya Rose
- “Evidence from National Basketball Association (NBA) players and staff suggests that the swift spread of the Omicron coronavirus variant is not because it causes a high viral load.”
- “In the 620 mothers who contracted COVID-19 in the 28 days before they delivered their babies, the study recorded 14 fetal or infant deaths, 10 of them stillbirths.”
- “Although many questions remain, scientists feel increasingly confident that the new #OmicronVariant of #SARSCoV2 is likely to dramatically alter the trajectory of the pandemic—and not for the better.”
- “Your most beloved “family” recipe just might have been dreamed up by a corporation in order to sell products. That’s not necessarily a bad thing.”
- “Hard data is not available and estimates vary widely, but based on published studies and their own experience treating patients, several medical specialists said 750,000 to 1.3 million patients likely remain so sick for extended periods that they can’t return to the workforce full time.”
- “Already we have plenty of evidence that exercise affects cancer risk. In past experiments, physical activity has changed the immune system in ways that amplify the body’s ability to fight tumor growth. “
- “Officials are investigating a new E. Coli O157:H7 outbreak that is linked to Josie’s Organics prepackaged baby spinach.”
- “COVID-19 vaccines are still highly effective at protecting people from getting really sick or dying. But breakthrough infections can happen, especially with the delta variant.”
- “The landmark report states that there is no remaining scientific doubt that humans are fueling climate change. “
- “By various estimates, the inhabited subsurface realm has twice the volume of the oceans and holds on the order of 1030 cells, making it one of the biggest habitats on the planet, as well as one of the oldest and most diverse.”