Dr. Sarah Hallberg is the Medical Director of Virta Health, the first scientifically proven treatment to safely and sustainably cure type 2 diabetes without the need of medicines or surgery.
She is accountable for supplying medical supervision to Virta’s experienced team of physicians and overseeing the clinical strategy for Virta Clinic participants as a physician and exercise physiologist with a passion for helping individuals be healthy via nutrition and exercise.
Dr. Hallberg, an expert on metabolic control and type 2 diabetes, is also the executive director of The Nutrition Coalition, a nonprofit organization that aims to educate the public and policymakers about the need to strengthen national nutrition policy so that it is founded on a comprehensive body of conclusive science, and to encourage additional research where that science is lacking.
Inspiring Talks by Sarah Hallberg
- “We used to have little nutrition data on minority populations. It is so important to understand the clinical outcomes with different populations! Here is a Chinese T2D study. The more we target specific demographics the closer we get to personalized med.”
- “Yes! Everyone needs to know this can be done! Congratulations on changing life to kick off the new year, and congratulations to this patient who is likely going to be around longer to see that adorable baby grow!”
- “Keep a smile on your face – it can make a big difference.”
- “Can we get immunotherapy to work for TKI resistant EGFR or ALK patients? We need to keep working on it.”
- “This is so great that the ASCO is making equity a priority! The more we can talk about this as a medical community the more we can accomplish in making sure that all cancer patients have access to the care they need.”
- “Interesting article looking at ketosis and metabolic adaptation. It is so great to see work like this as there is still SO much to be learned about BHB a powerful signal molecule.”
- “Very interesting case report on the use of a ketogenic diet for GLUT 1 deficiency. I treated an adult patient with a ketogenic diet who already had a significant neurologic impact from the disease.”
- “So many great things going on at Virta. The goal is to make this support available to everyone who wants it. We are working hard to get there every day!”
- “Being healthy is the greatest gift this holiday season!”
- “For Type 2 Diabetes, and the even better goal would be diabetes reversal and no need for insulin at all.”